Sunday 5 January 2020

WIPocalypse intro 2020

It’s been 5 years since I last attempted WIPocalypse. Things were a lot different back then! These days I am a stay at home mum to a very energetic 3 year old girl. She doesn’t give me that much time for stitching, but I have been getting back into stitching in the evening although I haven’t been brave enough to work on any really big projects lately. I rediscovered the joy of browsing cross stitch blogs and I decided to list out all my WIPs (including a lot of random small projects I forgot I even had) and see where I can get to.

These are my top priorities that I have been actively working on:

1. My First Calendar (Magazine Chart). I’m making this for my daughter, it should have been a Christmas present but I’m slow. The stitching is done but there’s a lot of making up to do as I intend to make it into a wall hanging, with pockets for the ‘option’ bits. 



 2.  Winter animal ornaments. This was a magazine cover kit a few years ago. The kit has materials to make two, but there are five animals charted and I like them so I want to make them all. I’ve found some extra fabric in my stash which will do for the other three. 


Then the rest in no particular order

 3. Hearts & flowers. An old cover kit I seem to have almost finished!

4. Lady with hat (County Needlecraft) This was from a class at a stitching show years ago.


 5. Butterfly necklace. Another cover kit.


 6. Assisi blue flowers (County Needlecraft).


7. Black work autumn leaves. I don’t know why I left this incomplete, it’s so close to a finish.

 8.Snowman card. Yet another cover kit!


9. Canadian Beauty (Joan Elliott). One of my bigger projects that I started before Lucy was born but has been abandoned ever since. I would love to work on it this year.

10. Tuscany Town Mandala (Chatelaine). This is a really big, challenging project and I’m not sure when I’ll get back to it.

11. Dream Beautiful Dreams (Heaven and Earth Designs). This is the only HAED I’ve ever dared to start and I only got through a couple of pages. I will get back to it one day, but I’m not sure if this is the year. 


12. Little bear. This is another cover kit, it had a background with it but it I think it might make a nice  ornament. 


13. Quilter and Friend. This is done apart from the quilter should have long hair, which I haven’t figured out how to do. Once I’ve done that I think it cries out to be made into a quilted hanging so I’ll need to figure out how to make that too!

 14. Poppies. Another cover kit I have no recollection of ever starting, but it seems to be almost done.

15. Royal Guard. A cover kit which is nearly done, 8 think he just needs his buttons and the frame adding. 


 16. Little owl. Another cover kit I’ve worked on recently. He just needs some stuffing and a key ring adding.

 17. Christmas houses. Another nearly complete cover kit. I’m not sure why I didn’t finish so many of these!

 18. Gift tags #1. Again it’s a cover kit.

19. Gift tags #2. 

20. Mini Misty Hill Town (Michael Powell). I should really give this one some love, it’s been neglected but I love the colours in the sky. 


 21. Christmas Teddy.

 22. Sheep card. I’m not sure if the threads are with this one, so it might be quite difficult to finish.


 23. Shawn the sheep bookmark. Cute, but I haven’t got very far with it.

 24. Celtic ornament. I don’t know what pattern this is, I’m just going to make it up when I get around to finishing it.

 25. Mini sampler. Another one I seem to have lost the pattern for.

 26. Black work bookmark. I’m not really keen on this one, I don’t know why I chose red and green. Possibly it was meant to be Christmassy...

 27. Gift tags #3.

 28. Gift tags #4. Actually one of the things I’ve worked on recently but I seem to have missed taking a photo. I seem to have had the same idea every year to do one of these gift tags cover kits, but I never finish them.

29. Hard anger for the horrified. This was for a class at a stitching show years ago. It’s only tiny but I’ve never got around to finishing it.

 30. Name bookmark. Very close to done, I don’t know what stopped me.

 31. Cards/gift tags. I’m not actually sure which these were, I’ll need to find the magazine to find out.

 32. Hardanger bookmark. I have no memory of starting this one at all.

 33. Red and white bookmark. Another one I don’t remember, perhaps I bought I half done?

  And I think that’s it! My other goal is to try my hand at designing something of my own and work on it. I have lots of ideas that I haven’t managed to make into anything concrete yet but they seem like WIPs as I’ve been thinking about them for a while. So I’ll count them if I do get around to starting my own project!








































































4 comments:

  1. Wow! Sarah, so many near completion - you should have a great 2020!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your plans. It looks like you’ll have a bunch of finishes in 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a variety of projects there to help get you back into stitching, many of which shouldn't take long to finish at all.
    Good luck deciding which ones to work on and in which order. I shall look forward to seeing your progress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure these cover kits will stitch up quickly once you get back to them. My stitching really went up a notch when my son was about 3 so hopefully yours will too!

    ReplyDelete