Sunday 15 March 2020

March Fully Finished Gallery

The tenth of the month is when we share our Fully Finished items that are ready for display and link them up on Rachel’s blog The Ten Hour Stitcher. This post is a bit late because I was waiting until Lucy’s Calendar was finally ready to show. I finished it yesterday and hung it up for her, so here it is: 





And here she is showing it off:


I learned a lot finishing this one off, much of it was how not to do things next time. I should have been much more careful measuring and keeping my seams straight. I basically had to learn how to use my sewing machine all over again as I haven’t used it in years, and then I attempted to bind it like a quilt, which I have never done before, and I had already sewn the hangers on so I made a bit of a mess of that bit.  Luckily as the intended audience is a three-year-old it doesn’t matter too much!

That is the main news for this month’s post, but I also have the three small finishes which I already put in my WIPocalypse post. They are the hedgehog, the birthday card and the butterfly necklace. So that is four in total for this month!




4 comments:

  1. Lucy and her calendar look great. Loveky finishes, your hedgehog is fab

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job with the calendar and Lucy looks pleased with it too.
    The hedgehog is really cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hedgehog is too cute for words and so is Lucy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely calendar for sweet Lucy, she's adorable!
    All nice finishes, that hedgehog is very cute.

    ReplyDelete