Saturday 18 April 2020

Fully Finished Gallery April

On the 10th of each month we post our finished objects for Rachel’s SAL aimed at reducing our bag/box/drawer of shame. You can see all the other lovely finished items here. I am a late of course as it’s the 18th already, but oh well. I have two finished items this month, one I am happy with and one not so much. 

First, I have this happy little bunny ornament on our Easter tree! I had stitched it years ago and actually started to sew some backing fabric on to make a pillow ornament. But then I stopped, presumably I missed Easter and then lost interest. I missed Easter this year too but I managed to get it finished off in time to did a picture before we take the tree down. It was my first time ruching ribbon for the edging and I’m very pleased with the results. 



Second is Baa Baa Black Sheep, which I finished stitching a year or so ago. I am not so happy with this one. I had ordered the mount with the wrong dimensions again, so I had to take a craft knife to it. I can also still see creases in the fabric. I may redo it eventually but I wanted to give it to Lucy for Easter so I rushed it through. I do love the pattern though, it’s from the Historical Sampler Company. 


3 comments:

  1. Nice work on your finishes. I did a ruched ribbon trim earlier this year. It was fiddly but worth it. I love your purple ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your rabbit is so cute, great finish. Baa baa looks great, sometimes we are too critical of our work, I think it looks super.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I'm so late thanking you for taking part. Both finished pieces look great. :)

    ReplyDelete