Monday 27 April 2020

WIPocalypse April Check In

Each month we check in on all the projects we want to finish before the end of the world, and answer a question about our stitching. This month’s question is about our oldest WIP/UFO. I’m not sure which of the WIPs I’ve listed is the oldest. These two (no. 29 and 4 on my intro post) both date from workshops at a stitching show in 2011 - they are the oldest I can date for sure.


My oldest UFO is this: 

 It’s a collection of very unfinished small designs I started as a child (early 90s probably). I don’t think I can ever finish them! The tree was from a set of seasonal charts in a magazine (likely early cross stitcher or Needlecraft?) of my Mum’s. The blue border was my own design done on graph paper. It was going to be a horse. I remember being excited about it, I’m now sad this is as far as I got. I don’t even remember what the rainbow was...


Now for this month’s update. Pooh is finished!

Here’s where I am with Canadian beauty (bad picture sorry):


I also finished off a couple of my cover kit projects. Christmas houses:

Soldier Fridge Magnet:

I also have a tiny new start, guess what it’s a another cover kit and it’s for Lucy:

It will make up into a necklace for her.

I did a mini review of what I have achieved so far. I started out with 33 projects, and added 2 new starts. I have completed 9, which is over 25% so I’m pretty happy with that. My goal for May is to complete a couple more nearly finished cover kits and to make significant progress on Canadian Beauty. If I do that, I think I’ll deserve a proper new start or two in June. 

2 comments:

  1. You are doing well to only have WIPs from this decade! Shame about the childhood project. It might be nice to add to it now and finally finish it. Canadian Beauty is lovely, I am a big fan of Joan Elliott.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your goals. You seem to be doing pretty well so far. Perhaps your oldest WIP could be turned into some sort of sampler and Lucy could help you pick some pictures for it? It would save it going to waste. :)

    ReplyDelete