Saturday 12 December 2020

Fully Finished Gallery December (part 1?)

 I’ve been looking forward to this post as I have a few finishes to share!

The majority are Christmas cards. The first seven come from a set that was in Cross Stitcher (issue 231). I started stitching them years ago, so I’m very happy to check one old project off both the WIPocalypse and fully finished lists! They’ve now all been sent to family. There was an 8th one, and another card I did with a very old piece of stitching that I think I probably did as a teenager, but I forgot to take photos before sending them. I may be able to get photos from the recipients to share later I guess. 










The next one, is the cute dog I shared in my WIPocalypse post - it is also now on the way to its intended recipient. I’m not 100% happy with how I finished it as it was a little rushed so I could send it, I must put more planning into the actual card making part next year. 


My final finish for this post is the ‘Peace on Earth’ SAL  by Joan Elliott. I finished stitching this last year and I really wanted to get it framed in time for this Christmas so I spent some of my birthday money on a frame for it. I haven’t managed to get the border 100% straight so may take it out and have another go at some point. 

I do have a bunch more things I intend to finish off before Christmas so I may do another post before the link up closes, or they may end up getting saved for January. See you all then!





3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting all your Christmas cards FFOd and sent in plenty of time; that's an achievement in itself! They all lot really sweet, especially the robin.
    Peace On Earth looks great! The red and gold really bring out those colours in the stitching. If you decide to have another go at reframing, good luck; the patience needed for getting it completely straight is a strong test of character!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great collection of cards, well done on your finishes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards, I ought to get mine actually finished too!
    The Joan Elliott piece looks great framed.

    ReplyDelete