Monday 28 December 2020

WIPocalypse Check In December 2020

 Well here we are at the end of a surreal year! Stitching is the one thing that has been pretty much as normal for me this year, I haven’t had any more or less time to stitch and I’m pretty happy with the progress that I’ve made. 

I started out the year with 33 WIPs/UFOs. In 2020 I finished 12 of these, and made some good progress on Canadian Beauty, which is really the only larger WIP I’ve worked on during the year. 

I’ve also made a few new starts. Most of these were smaller projects such as cards that I’ve also finished but I do have 3 to add to my WIP list:

- Winter Animals SAL by four boys and a NL girl

The bear and owl from this were completed and fully finished and will be in my Fully Finished Gallery post next month. The moose is currently being fully finished:





and I’m stitching the bonus pattern with the fox. 



- Jannlynn Vintage Toys Christmas Ornaments (I completed 2 of these but there are another 6 to be done)



- Biscuit coasters cover kit, which currently looks like this:




So I end the year with 24 WIPs, and that finish rate makes me pretty happy.

Canadian beauty went from here 

To here 


I look forward to working on the bottom half in 2021.

Most of the other things I’ve already shown on fully finished posts, or I’m saving them for the next one. But I did want to show off one project here. It’s the project I designed for my secret Santa swap. This is a swap I did every year with a great bunch of friends on Facebook, we first met when we were all planning our weddings and now we chat about our kids and everything else really. When I got Vicky in the draw I was excited to design this, because I know she likes family keepsake ornaments. So here it is:




I had a lot of fun designing and stitching it, and I really would like to find time to design a few of my own projects in 2021. But more on that goal in the next post, which will be the 2021 WIPocalypse goals post.



3 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah Love Canadian Beauty! Joan Elliott is one of my favorite designers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To end the year with less WIPs than you started with is always a good thing, so congratulations on a successful year! Looking forward to seeing what 2021 brings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Canadian Beauty is a gorgeous design, she's looking lovely already.
    I bet your friend was so pleased with her family Ornament too, even the cat gets included!

    ReplyDelete